25 October 2012

Horse & Rider lapel pin by Petr Hanzak






















Horse and Rider lapel pin in titanium by Petr Hanzak
$210
Available in-store or online

For me jewellery is a creative outlet, designing and making hand made jewellery enables my expression as a craftsman; provides a fulfilling challenge of constructing and bringing a jewellery piece to life. I aim to design unique and novel concepts while being firmly grounded in the contemporary art and jewellery world with images that are instantly recognisable. I am a believer in simple stylish designs that are not over worked and busy. I am constantly thinking of new ideas and images of interesting objects and things that I would like to create.

This current nautical themed range grew from one concept piece and has been refined to the current range. This being my first range for the contemporary jewellery market gave me freedom to make something interesting and original to me, with strong colour that comes from the anodising of titanium. Even though this is my first series, it strongly represents my design and manufacturing style, and my enjoyment of creating pieces with good durability. Titanium presents many challenges in construction to maintain the ability to repair the pieces, but I feel it is worth it as the titanium enables the use of strong colours which gives me joy.









No comments:

Post a Comment